I don’t know how about you, but lemon drizzle cake is my absolute favorite one! The sweet and sour, the softness of the cake makes it absolutely divine!
To tell the truth, during my baking career it was one of my goals to find a perfect recipe for a lemon cake which would be easy to prepare but as well would still possess a rich lemon taste.
And.. By a very random chance I came across a YouTube video by Tanya Burr who actually prepared a lemon drizzle cake! So far, the best recipe out there in my opinion. So..
Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you the Almighty lemon drizzle cake!
- 2 lemons;
- 1tbsp baking powder;
- 110g of icing sugar;
- 3 eggs;
- 170g of self-raising flour;
- 170g of caster sugar;
- 170g of butter.
1. In a bowl mix together the eggs, self-raising flour, caster sugar,butter,baking powder and zest of two lemons. Bake in a 180 degrees oven for ~30min.
2. In the meantime in another bowl mix the icing sugar with the juice of two lemons.
3. When the cake is ready and still hot, poke it all over with a fork or a skewer and pour the drizzle over the top.
4. Let the drizzle sink in and voilà!!!
Hope you like it! Let me know if you tried the recipe!